Don’t we all wish that summer nights and days would last forever? I know I do. Unfortunately, its natural for our beloved earth to go through its seasons. But you don’t have to dread it just yet. With September 21 (first day of fall) steadily approaching, but we’ve gotta make the best of what is left of summer. You’ll thank me and yourself later. Don’t miss out on your best summer while it’s still here!
1. Learn how to sail a boat or how to surf. So, you’ve always wanted to learn how to sail a boat or even be taught how to surf. Why not learn now? Right now is your chance. There are sailing and surfing lessons available everywhere you’ve just gotta do some searching.
2. Rent out a yacht with some friends for the night. Not gonna lie, this may be a bit on the pricier side, but if you have a big crew, splitting the cost shouldn’t be so bad, but who doesn’t want to feel like Kardashians for a couple of hours?! There are plenty of places that have this opportunity, especially in NYC. Get to it!
3. Go camping. For some this may not be their thing (bugs, wolves, bears, oh my!) but it’s all about the people you’re spending your time with and making new memories. Even pitching a tent in your own backyard could be just as exciting. Don’t knock it til’ you try it.
4. Go on a road trip with family, friends or a significant other. Road trips allow for true bonding time. Also, if you want to test a relationship and see your significant others true colors, try staying in a car with them for hours on end. Hopefully it’ll make your relationship and not break it.
5. Splurge on something designer on Super-Sale. The annual Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is going on until tonight! I know you’ve been eyeing those Tory Burch Riding Boots for awhile now. Treat yo self! You’ve earned it!
6. Rent a sweet ride. Have an event to go to like a wedding? Even if you don’t have any place special to be, renting a limo or car for a girls night out would be pretty sweet! Just like the yacht, this could be a bit pricy but get a bunch of your pals together and split the bill for the night of your life!
7. Plan a romantic glam picnic. This one is for all my lovebirds out there. And guys, if you don’t know what to do for your special lady, try this out and see the look on her face (you can thank me later). All you’ve gotta do is find a nice park nearby, get your favorite treats and a bottle of your fav wine or champagne and you’re all set. Just make sure alcohol is allowed at the park… or you can sneak it ;).
8. Go to an outdoor concert or performing arts event. There are plenty of these in NYC! The Today Show Summer Concert Series has been very popular for 20 years now. Make sure you get there early, though, space is limited and people love FREE! You can also find live performances in Lancaster, Pa at TellUs 360. You can’t forget the Made In America Festival September 5-6 in Philly.
9. Plan a staycation. Staycations can be a lot fun because who doesn’t like to stay in hotels? The plush beds, you get to be as messy as you want, maid service, the list goes on and on. To plan a staycation all you need to do is to book a hotel in your hometown. This is perfect for people who don’t have the vacation funds to go on an exotic vacation. You’ll feel like you’re on vacation just for the sheer fact that you’re staying in a hotel. The best part is, you won’t even need to leave your room because room service has got your back.
10. Go amusement park hopping. This one is for the thrill seeker! If you love amusement parks as much as I do (I intern at one) you’ll love Hersheypark, Busch Gardens, Cedar Point, and you can’t forget Disneyworld/Disneyland. Make it a weekend trip with friends that you’ll never forget!
What’s your favorite way to celebrate summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section!